Lake Sumner Outlet Campsite
This is a great spot by the confluence of Lake Sumner and the Hurunui River with the option of camping up right in front of the lake or tucking yourself away in the bush to shelter from the wind. There are plenty of great camp spots to choose from and with it seeing very few visitors it is a good option if you are looking for somewhere quiet to go, but keep in mind only a few groups are allowed access at one time.
This is in an exposed location and can be subject to very strong winds.
This campsite is accessed via Lake Sumner Outlet Track.
At the end of Lake Sumner Outlet Track you can veer up into the bush and find sheltered campsites
Plenty of places like this with flat ground to camp up
Views out over Lake Sumner
- Private land campsite
- The cost is included when you pay the Lake Sumner Outlet Track fee
- Tent sites
- Plenty of options but keep in mind only a few groups are allowed access at one time
- Water can be sourced from streams or lake and ideally boiled before drinking
- Tables / seating
- Rubbish disposal
- Not serviced for rubbish, please take ALL rubbish with you on departure
GPS - Waypoint Download
- GPS download
- Download waypoint to your computer
- GPS disclaimer
- The highest level of care and attention has gone into ensure the GPS files are as accurate as possible however please be aware that all GPS files on www.adventureguide.co.nz are made publicly available on the basis of use at your own risk. www.adventureguide.co.nz has no legal responsibility for use or misuse of any GPS files supplied. It is your responsibility to adequately plan, prepare and keep yourself safe